Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Health Services is now operating remotely.
To be connected to a nurse, make an appointment with a mental health provider, or for general questions, please call us Monday - Thursday:
From 7:30-12pm, call 209-575-6281
From 12:30-5:30pm, call 209-575-6038
*Closed 12-12:30pm for lunch
Information and Resources on COVID-19:
- 24/7 Free Medi-Nurse Call Line for COVID-19 Questions: Operated through CA Dept. of Health Care Services, for those without insurance or for those with Medi-Cal but without a regular doctor. Call (877) 409-9052 to speak with a nurse.
- 24-hour Domestic Violence Hotline, call (800) 799-7233 or click Chat Now; Call 911 if you or the person you are helping is in immediate danger.
- MJC COVID-19 information: Includes ongoing communication from MJC leaders, with links to staff, faculty, and student continuity information.
- Stanislaus County Public Health: Current COVID-19 health statistics, testing information, and recommendations from
- California Department of Public Health: Current COVID-19 and other health statistics and recommendations from California
- Income Resources: Current government benefits and financial aid resources that may provide financial relief in the short and long term.
- Breastfeeding and COVID-19 English & Spanish
- Health Plan of San Joaquin and COVID-19
- Self-Care and Wellness Apps: Includes a list of free downloadable apps for stress reduction, sleep help, suicide prevention, self-harm support, meditation, and general self-care.
- CA Community College Health and Wellness: Resource list of COVID-19 resources. Includes weekly student chat opportunities and suggestions on managing stress and anxiety.
- TenPercentHappier: Free COVID-19 Sanity Guide with practical, actionable ways of coping with stress, fear, and anxiety.
Wellness Central is a free online health and wellness resource that is available 24/7 in your space at your pace. Topics include: Academic Wellness, Anxiety, Birth Control, Financial Wellness, Homeless and Housing Support, Hunger, Mood & Food, Stress, Hunger, Natural Remedies, Sexual Health, Veterans. Click the image below:
Pirate Care offers 24/7 free medical services with a licensed medical doctor, on-demand from your mobile device or computer. Providers can assess and diagnose common conditions (ex: cold, flu, urinary tract infections, and sinus infections).
MJC Health Services
Nursing and other services listed below are limited due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Please call us for more information.
Mental Health Services
The COVID-19 outbreak is changing life for all of us. You may feel anxious, stressed, worried, sad, bored, depressed, lonely or frustrated in these circumstances. You are not alone. It's OK to ask for help.
When to ask for help: Stressors that may be affecting your mental health
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Call 1-800-273-8255 or text "COURAGE" to 741741
- MJC Crisis Counseling: Leave a voice mail at 209-575-6147 and Eric Garcia or Natalie Hassell, MJC Crisis Counselors, will return your call ASAP.
- MJC Mental Health Therapy Appointments: 1-on-1, one-hour appointments with licensed mental health providers available.
To schedule, call us:
From 7:30am-12pm, call 209-575-6721
From 12:30pm-5pm, call 209-575-7744
Warm Line: Offered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Residents can call the Warm Line when they are:
- Having a hard time making it through the day - but are not in a crisis
- Needing a caring listener to provide effective feedback to help explore options
- Wanting some support, assistance and resources toward recovery
Stanislaus County: (209) 558-4600
Merced County: (209) 381-6819
San Joaquin County: (209) 468-3549
- Pirate Care offers 24/7 free and unlimited access to a mental health provider from a mobile device or computer.
- Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Training opportunities for Staff, Faculty, and Students