California Dream Act of 2011

Financial Aid is now available to AB 540 students!!


The California Dream Act of 2011 was passed into laws AB 130 and AB 131. These laws allow AB 540 eligible students to apply for and receive several types of financial aid, including:

  •  Board of Governors Fee Waivers (for terms starting after January 1, 2013)
  •  State financial aid like Cal Grants and Chafee Grants (starting 2013-14 academic year)
  •  Assistance from EOP&S, CARE or CalWORKs (starting January 1, 2013)
  •  Privately-funded scholarships

What is an AB 540 student?

An AB 540 student is either a U.S. citizen or undocumented student who has attended and graduated from a California high school, but does not meet state residency requirements.

You are an AB 540 student, and exempt from paying non-resident enrollment fees, if you meet the following criteria:

  •  Currently reside in California, and
  •  Attended a California high school for at least three years, and
  •  Graduated from a California high school, got a GED or passed the California High School Proficiency Exam

How to apply for AB 540:

Step #1:   Complete an AB 540 form - Click here

Step #2:   Submit a completed AB 540 form to the MJC Admissions Office via Etrieve

california dream act application

For more information view the following videos: