Maintenance of Status

In order to maintain F-1 student status you must:

• Be enrolled full time

• Have a valid passport (should be kept valid for six months into the future)

• Have a valid SEVIS I-20

• Work only with permission from USCIS or the school (for on-campus employment and Curricular Practical Training)

• Transfer schools properly

• Inform the P/DSO of the changes in your name, address, marital status, and major within 21 days of occurrence. If you do not notify the P/DSO of the changes in the time required you will be considered out-of-status.