F-2 Dependents

F-2 dependents of an F-1 student may enter the country with the student or may enter to follow the student if the student is enrolled or will be enrolled within 30 days of the dependent’s entry.

F-2 dependents may not attend school full-time (except minor children attending elementary or secondary school). F-2’s may attend school part-time for avocational or recreational courses. An F-2 who wishes to attend school full-time must change status to F-1. F-2’s who have been enrolled in school full-time before January 1 may continue to go to school but must change to F-1 status by March 11

An F-2 dependent may not engage in any form of employment.