Certified Phlebotomy Technician 1 Program
Although both MJC campuses have been closed since mid-March 2020 due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, we are working hard to assist you remotely.
Please allow extra time for us to respond to your inquires, we will respond as quickly as possible. Contact information:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone #: (209)575-7889 (please leave a voicemail).
Program start date: Fall 2021 (specific date to be announced)
About Our Program:
We strive to give students a strong foundation in the principles of phlebotomy and prepare students to successfully pass a National Phlebotomy Certification Examination through:
- 60 hours of classroom instruction
- 40 hours of externship: Practical Instruction in a Clinical Setting. Students are scheduled Monday-Friday for an 8-hour workday. During this time students must complete a minimum of 50 successful venipunctures, with a stretch goal of 100 or more. Ten skin punctures two arterial (observed) blood draws are completed in class.
This program is designed to be completed in approx. 3-4 months
Not required but recommended for success:
- AP 50 - Elementary Human Anatomy - Physiology (4 Units)
- BIO 116 - Biology A Human Perspective (3 Units)
- MDAST 321 - Medical Terminology (3 Units)
- Online Readiness Quiz-Will help you to determine if this program is the right fit for you.
Tuition-Free - Supported by California Adult Education Program Funds
For more information please contact us at 209.575.7889.
How to Apply?
- RSVP for Mandatory Meeting.
- Date to be announced.
- Please check back for information regarding our next program.
- Summer/Fall Program date to be announced.
- Attend a Mandatory Information Meeting
- Meeting will be conducted via Zoom
- Download Zoom app to access meeting
- Zoom Meeting ID# will be emailed to RSVP email addresses
- Complete and Submit the Phlebotomy Program Application.
**Please note, only the applications from participants who attend and sign in at a mandatory meeting will be accepted.
Important Information and Links
You must provide documentation with your application that you have met the reading requirement.
This can be done as follows:
- Previously taken the MJC Reading Accuplacer test and place at English 100 (or equivalent) or higher, OR
- Have taken MJC English 100 or higher AND passed with a grade of C or better, OR
- Have an AA degree or higher from a U.S. college/university OR
- Take the MJC Guided Self Placement Test for English and receive a score of 4 or higher. Please click this LINK and follow the instructions. ** Please note: You must have a current MJC student ID # (W#) and MJC email address to take this test. If you do not have a current MJC student ID # (w#) click this LINK to apply and receive an MJC student ID#. Once you have received an ID# you will need to activate your MJC email address.
Information for International Students:
Please click this LINK for information on having transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved entity.
Click this link:
Fall 2019 Cohort
Spring 2019 Cohort
Fall 2018 Cohort
Spring 2018 Cohort