Please join us to learn more about the Nurse Assistant Program (Nurse 52) and have your questions answered. Sign up is required for this one hour information session. The Information Session will start on time; late arrivals will not be permitted.
How to sign-up for orientation?
- Apply to admission to Modesto Junior College
- Sign-up for the Mandatory orientation
- Attend the Mandatory orientation
- Complete and submit ALL required documents discussed during orientation.
*All four steps must be completed. Those who complete all four steps will have priority for entry into the program.
Mandatory Online Orientation Meeting: Monday, May 10, 2021
Online Sign-ups for orientation begin: Friday, April, 23, 2021
Online Sign-ups for orientation ends: Thursday, May 6, 2021 or Until Filled
Program Start Date: Monday, July 7, 2021
*Time & meeting link will be given after sign up is confirmed
*Sign-ups for orientation are accepted on a first come first serve basis
The Nurse Assistant Program at Modesto Junior College is a one-semester course (NURSE 52, 5.5 units) that includes 60 hours of classroom instruction and 100 hours of supervised clinical experience within the guidelines set by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH). After successful completion of the Program, students are eligible to take the state certification examination to become a Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA). The exam has been developed to meet the evaluation requirements of federal and state nurse aid and competency evaluation legislation. The state certification exam is available at MJC at the end of each class. Program expenses vary for each individual. For financial aid information, call 575-7700. For inquiries about the program, call Allied Health, 575-6362
Links to additional information
- Eligibility and Preparation
- Health Clearance Requirements for Enrolled Nurse 52 Students
- Fingerprinting/Background Requirements for Enrolled Nurse 52 Students
- Program Costs
- Required Textbook
- Program Learning Outcomes
- Participation (Attendance) Policy
- Program Curriculum
- Health Services
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Technical Requirements for Distant Learning
- Pass Rate information