INDOORS: Drop, Cover and Hold
- DROP to the floor. Take COVER under a sturdy desk, table, etc. HOLD on to the furniture you are under and protect your face/head.
- Instruct others to DROP, COVER and HOLD.
- Stay away from glass windows, wall shelves and tall equipment/furniture that might topple over onto you.
- DO NOT RUN OUTSIDE. DO NOT EVACUATE THE BUILDING UNTIL THE TREMORS CEASE. Once the main tremor has ceased, quickly evacuate the building, assisting persons of disability.
- If you smell GAS, cease all operations and do not activate electrical switches. Evacuate the building.
- Quickly move 300 feet away from buildings, utility poles, or other structures. AVOID power or utility lines.